You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Announcements

Rearrangement of Resource Types and Categories at Biharspider - Need your Cooperation

Hello friends of Biharspider

We are doing some changes in Resource types and categories in bihatSpider. This may lead to some funny situation like articles related to something posted under some different category.

Also, please co-operate with us keeping in mind this vast project and we assure that, it will not take much time. So kindly bear with us for some days

Thanks in advance for your kind cooperation.

Regards,
    Vimal.
    Nice to here this from you. Muce more appriciated and all luck to you for this project.
    Hope we will get more userfriendly and attractive flavour ahead.
    Resource category and Types should be taken care very seriously as every day i was going through the articles posted by the Spider user and it was causing me a pain when I was looking onto this. I was just thinking that either Spider user are not choosing the appropriate category/they just poting their articles OR the product itself is not properly categorised. Thanks to you for the quick response and also hoping from the Users to take care about this as it is very very important in users perspective who needs the information.So It is necessary that the particular information should be categorised under respective type and belonging category.

Hello Pranesh,

Yes, this problem was faced by many members from many days. so We decided to take up this task of Re-arranging everything. You area very consistent member and are doing a great job here. I have added you in my Gmail chat list. I want to talk to you and want to tell you something about your articles.

Hope to catch you online soon. and keep posting articles with sufficient content. You are doing a very good job.

Webmaster
    Biharspider

Hello Vimal. Nice to hear a word from you for me.
    But let me tell you I wont be available online most of the time or you can say I wont come online in gmail or other chat book. If you want to contact or if you have any message for me you can directly write on my personal id pranesh.amar@wipro.com.

I will feel happy to reply you back. Open for your suggestions.

Yes it is true that I like this site very much not in terms of earning money/points but in terms of flavours what it is having. I just love to browse this site.

One more thing I wanted to let you people know that is Filteration.

Suppose If I want to see all articles posted under forum then I must click on "FORUM" on the top bar of BiharSpider and have you realised it lists all the categories like Announcements,Bihar and Jharkhand Updates,Contest,Google AdSense,Guidelines,Miscellanous,Testimonials etc etc.

It is a tedious job to get information what I am looking for. In this way I have to look all the articles posted on this then what is the use of Forum filter.

We can make it more easier if we use filteration. Please think about this so that in one click we should get the required information in particular place.

Hello Pranesh,

This is regarding your your query about the "Forum" section. Yes Indeed you are right that first of all you have to go to forum section after clicking the "Forum" tab from the top bar. But once you have entered in the forum section, there is no need to traverse through all the threads posted in the forum section.

You can select the category, which you want to see and just click on the link, which will take you to categories which in lists only those threads which come under that category. Take sports for example. Open the "forum" page, click the "sports" link. And you reach a page where threads related to only sports are posted.

I hope you get it now. If you still have any query. Please feel free to ask.

Webmaster
    Biharspider

Hello,

I am just not satisfied with the mistakes which has been done in writing the responses. I just recommend you all to go through your contents before submitting it here. It is not good to see some basic mistakes in responses.

Regards,
    Jeevan

Hello,

It is a pleasure to learn from you that the resource types and categories are being readjusted. This will make the resources section more systematic and user friendly. This is a very much welcome project and we the members of BiharSpider can easily cooperate with you, despite the inconveniences. Yes there can be some funny situations but you do not at all require to apologise for that.

Suppose you are having an internal paint in your house. So if the painters are painting your bed room you might require to shift your bed to the balcony or the dinning place temporarily. It will look odd for some days but there is no way out and nobody will surely laugh at this. The situation is very similar over here. If the resource types and categories are being relocated then there will surely be some odd situation. But I do not think any member of BiharSpider will call it funny, neither they will make fun of this situation. Rather this is a very welcome project and we all are with you.

Hello Vimal,
    I think by the time I have joined your site this problem must have been fixed.

I have posted an article in the resource section today and am waiting for the result to understand the working of the site.

I hope that this site will make a landmark in the state of Bihar. But what I have understood till now is that the people have taken membership, with no motivation. Most of the members are on Bronze level and many have still not open their account in respect to points.

I was just thinking to motivate the members so that the movement can be seen.

Regards,
    N Naqvi

Hello Nadeem,

I am very pleased to see you here. Yes you are right that this problem has been sorted out and now you can freely post any article in the category of your choice.

As far as members in Bronze level is concerned (who have not opened their accounts yet) are mostly spammers, who just copy paste their advertisements in different sections of the site. Any way leaving all this let me formally welcome you to the site.

Webmaster
    Biharspider

Hello Vimal,
    Thanks for your warm welcome.

I am pleased to join the site related to the state which is a ocean of knowledge and learning since the yester years.

It will be great to interact with the people on this site and learn a lot.

Can something be done about the spammers who are just taking the valuable place of the site and not doing anything creative?

Regards,
    N Naqvi

Hello Nadeem,

Yes we suspend those members but they create new email Id and create a new account through the new Email Id.

Webmaster
    Biharspider

Vimal,
    Now this is something which none can help out!

I have some suggestions in this regard:
    1. If a particular member is inactive for a fix number of days, delete his points.
    2. If still no response then delete the profile completely.
    3. Cash share should be made only to the member who is fulfiling the basic norms, which should be redesigned.
    4. In the membership profile some attested document with photo should be introduced, just to avoid the person from rejoining the site only for fun sake.

Regards,
    N Naqvi

Hello Nadeem,

Its very nice that you provided some solutions to the above problem. However I think none of them can be implemented due to various reasons.

Webmaster
    Biharspider

Vimal sb,
    I initially said that I am a none technical person. I had suggested the remedies as a layman. Sorry for posting something which is not sounding remedial measure to you.

But you being the WM, should think about bringing change for betterment of the site and curbing the related problems eventually.

All the best!

Regards,
    N Naqvi

Hello Nadeem,

AS I said earlier that suggestions are always welcome from everybody who is a member of this site. But being a Webmaster I have to look into practical aspects as well. For example take the first suggestion of your's
    "If a particular member is inactive for a fix number of days, delete his points".

Suppose you have a facebook or gmail account and you are not active there for many days (I mean you don't login there for many days), they don't delete your account. However we do suspend the member who we think are spammers. But they create new account with new email Id.

Webmaster
    Biharspider

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.