Bihar State of India
Bihar is located in the Northern India on the Eastern ‘Gangetic' (Ganga River) Plains. Bihar was the birthplace of Buddhism and Jainism and for this reason it is a significant cultural state of India. Hindu and Mughal architectural expertise places of Bihar attract Tourists from all over the world. Between October and March – is the ideal tie to visit/tour Bihar State, as the weather remains salubrious.
Bihar is known for its Handicrafts (like bamboo works, potteries, leather products, wall hangings and appliqué work etc) and Festivals (like Chatth Puja, Bihula, Mahavir Jayanti, Buddha Jayanti and other Hindu festivals). 'Phagua'-is the typical song which is been sang during ‘Holi' Festival in Bihar. Bihuka-Bisahari, Reshma-Chuharmal, Sama-Chakeva and Dom-Kach - are some of the Theaters which have roots in the state Bihar.
How come I miss to mention the Forts of Bihar? The Raj Mahal, Maner Fort, Palamu Fort, Rohtasgarh Fort and Munger Fort - you must pay a visit to these forts of Bihar. Some other attractive Tourist Places are :-
· Har Mandir · Padri-Ki-Haveli · Sanjay Gandhi Biological Park · Golghar
· Sher Shahi Mosque · Bodhi Tree · Mahabodhi Temple · The Dungeshwari Cave Temples
· Ashokan Pillar · Shanti Stupa · Barabar Caves · Budha Stupa-I
· Budha Stupa-II · Vishnupad Temple · Nalanda archeological museum · Xuan Zang Memorial Hall
· Bimbisar jail · Pippala cave
Bihar also has many of pilgrimage centers, which are divided into Jain & Buddhist.
Buddhist pilgrimages are: -
· Rajgir · Bodhgaya · Nalanda · Vikramshila
· Kesaria · Lauriya Nandangarh · Aurangabad
Jain pilgrimages are: -
· Masar · Arrah · Bisram
Tourist would love to taste the Bihari cuisine like Pua, Parwal Ka Mithai, Khaja, Kadhi, Sattu, Chiwra, and Chena Murki. View: - Restaurant of Bihar
Hotels & Resorts are there in Bihar to make traveller and tourists a comfortable tour (journey). Some of the renowned Hotels are: -
· Hotel Chanakya · Hotel Siddharth · Hotel Patliputra Ashok · Hotel Siddhartha International
· Hotel Ajatsatru • Search Other Hotels
How to Reach Bihar?
Capital of Bihar, Patna is well connected by Indian Airlines with major cities like Delhi, Lucknow, Kolkata, and Ranchi. Along with Indian Airlines there are ‘Air Deccan' and ‘Sahara Air' also available and which connects Patna with many cities of India.
There are Inter-State Bus services available and by Bus Route connects Patna with Ranchi & Siliguri. Mithapur - is the main Bus Stand of Patna, Bihar. Other than Bus other local transport like cars, auto rickshaw and rickshaws are also available to avail.
Railway connects Patna, Bihar with locations like New Delhi, Ranchi, Kolkata, Varanasi and other major cities of India.
So, Don't miss a trip to Bihar…
Know About Bengal State