Tidal forests in India
Posted Date: 26-Feb-2010
: 5 (
This articles is presenting some information about Tidal Forests.
1. The mangrove tidal forests are found in areas of coast influenced by tides.
2) Mud and silt get accumulated on such coasts dense mangroves are the common varities with roots of plants submerged under water.
3) The deltas of Ganga Mahanadi,Krishna,Godavari are covered by such vegetation.
4) In the Ganga and the Bramhaputra delta,sundari trees are found,which provide durable hard timber,palm,coconut,Keorea,agar also grow insome parts of the delta.
5) Royal Bengal tiger is the famous animals in these forests.
6) Turtles,crocodiles,snakes and Gharials are also found in these forests.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Tidal forests in India"
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Spread the word!
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
All Rights Reserved.