Resources » Articles & Information » Bihar and Jharkhand Information

Vasudha Kendra to look into Right to Public Services Act (RTPS)

Updated: Category: Bihar and Jharkhand Information
Author: Member Level: GoldPoints: 18 (Rs 9)

Common service centre or the Vasudha Kendras will now look into Right to Public Services Act (RTPS) of Bihar government from May 1st. Fees of vasudha Kendra will be Rs 100 for providing services related to caste, income and residence certificates and other services under RTPS act as well.

51 services provided under Right to Public Services (RTPS) will be now be done by common service centre or the Vasudha Kendras. The RTPS act in Bihar was implemented in August 2011, but since then common man is facing problems due to middlemen demanding money for smooth processing of their cases.

common service centre/ Vasudha Kendras in Bihar

People generally use RPTS act to get certificates of caste, income and residence. But middlemen used to target common people mostly from the villages, for facilitating services within a given period of time. People used to pay Rs 200 to Rs 2,000 to a middleman at block offices for application processing. To remove this involvement of middlemen Chief minister of Bihar, Nitish Kumar has decided to allow Vasudha Kendras to take up RTPS applications in panchayats across Nalanda district from May 1. The applications will continue to be looked into by block-level officers, as usual.

As of now this is implemented on testing basis. After its success, within 20 daysthe entite service will be outsourced to 8,471 panchayats across Bihar. These fee of common service centre or Vasudha Kendra would be just Rs 100 to provide the desired services within prescribed time-limit, in coordination with the block offices.

Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!

Responses to "Vasudha Kendra to look into Right to Public Services Act (RTPS)"
Guest Author: PREM KANT DAS   26 Jan 2013
I am a people of Piprolia Panchayat in Jhanjharpur. I want to apply for Vashudha Kendra (RTPS). Also request you how can apply for Vasudha Kendra. Pls suggest. Prem Kant Das Mobile No.-8051351497;9546195425

Guest Author: krishna kumar sardar   01 Sep 2013
I am a people of pipra bijwar Panchayat in Araria dist. I want to apply for Vashudha Kendra (RTPS). Also request you how can apply for Vasudha Kendra. Pls suggest. krishna kumar sardar mobile no. 9931650151 mail


Post Comment:

  • Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
  • No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
  • This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
  • Name:   Sign In to fill automatically.
    Email: (Will not be published, but required to validate comment)

    Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.

    Submit Article     Return to Article Index
    Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India
    All Rights Reserved.