Teachers training schools, Block Institutes of Teachers Education in Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh


Block Institutes of Teachers Education in Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh Address and phone number of Teachers training schools in Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh. How to apply for training of teachers at Block Institutes of Teachers Education. Who can apply for teachers' training at Teachers training schools.

Teachers training institutes will be set up many districts of Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and all across India. As per the proposal by Central government Teachers training schools will be set up in 196 blocks throughout India where there is high concentration of people belonging to scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and minority communities.

Teachers training schools, Block Institutes of Teachers Education in Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh


This proposed scheme by the central government was discussed by State Education Ministers' at their meeting, which was held on 5th June. This proposal aims to bring talented persons specially form SC, ST and minority communities into the teaching profession. The opening up of Teachers training institutes in these areas will provide good quality teacher education facilities in rural and remote areas. It will also help in overcoming the shortage of teachers who are local to that particular area.

Popularly known as BITE, Block Institute of Teacher Education are basically be a pre-service elementary teacher education institution. Centre will take acre of 75% of the cost of setting up these institutes, and the respective institutes will have to bear the rest 25% of the cost. Not only this, the centre also wants the states to look for the possibility of approaching well performing elementary teacher education institutions for admitting eligible persons from the SC, ST and Minority communities in teacher education courses. The ministry would meet the cost of tuition and other fees for those persons.

Out of the total allocated 690 crore rupees, more than 1/3rd of this budget will be invested in 8 high deficit states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Assam, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh. There is an estimate to provide training to more than 6 lakh in-service teachers under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan. Out of this the maximum no. of 190000 teachers will be trained in Bihar. In Uttar Pradesh training of 124000 will be done. Other states where teachers will be trained in high numbers are Chhattisgarh with over 45000 teachers and Madhya Pradesh with over 35000 teachers.
The institutes which have been given the responsibility to train the teachers are:
  • National Institute of Open schooling in Jharkhand,
  • State Open Universities as in Assam,
  • State Councils of Education Research and Training as in Chhattisgarh
  • State Board of Primary Education as in West Bengal

  • Comments

    No responses found. Be the first to comment...


  • Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
  • No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
  • This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
  • Name:
    Email: